Hope that you are all having a gorgeous week!
As some of you know, we have a new member in The Grain Grocer Team; the sweet Jess. What you don’t know is that Jess is an amazing photographer! And quite the foodie. She will be helping me with my weekly posts with photos and ideas! So, this week we will be pausing our grain series and sharing this delicious and healthy breakfast recipe that Jess prepared last week with our ingredients.
Thank you for being with us Jess, and thank you dear readers for being with us another week!
Summer Breakfast Bowl
Overnight oat mix (day before):
– 1 cup (or more) of quinoa, buckwheat groats and jumbo oats (mixed together)
– 250/300 ml of a milk of choice (vegetable or regular milk) for soaking
– One good teaspoon of ground vanilla powder
Preparation: Mix all the ingredients the night before and refrigerate.
Topping mix ingredients (next morning):
– Granola to taste (store bought or homemade following the recipe we shared on Facebook not long ago)
– More milk (also to taste)
– Fresh Blackberries and blueberries
– Extra toppings: vanilla powder, cinnamon, more honey, bee pollen, some chia seeds, cacao nibs…
Preparation: In the morning top the overnight oat mix with a big handful of granola. Add more milk (as desired) and top with the blackberries and blueberries (Jess prefers gently heating them with honey in a pan) and all the other toppings of your choice! Jess recommends an extra sprinkling of vanilla and cinnamon and a drizzle of honey… YUM!